The story of my morning brew

  Recently, I published a blog about tea and its health benefits on my sister blog page: Biochemistry for life. That blog inspired me to pen some of my thoughts about the morning brew experience on my daily positivity blog. 

For many people, morning coffee or tea is an energy drink. Something to drink when we wake up to get that instant boost of energy. I can relate to that as well. But I also feel that this morning brew is an experience. The warm aroma of my morning brew gives me a sense of purpose for the day ahead. It invigorates me to get rid of those morning blues which are typical to a night owl like me. I have a rigid morning brew schedule. I alternate my coffee and tea between days just because I enjoy both of these drinks on a regular basis. For some of you readers, you perhaps stick with either coffee or tea because of your personal choices. Be it coffee or tea, I can safely assume that there is a nostalgic story embedded behind your morning brew.

 I know that a lot of Indians enjoy there morning Chai. It is so deeply engraved within the Indian culture that it is a blatant mistake to even assume that the morning has started without this magical concoction. There is some nostalgic value behind this Chai. I have observed in my family starting with my grandparents to my parents the first thing in the morning is to make Chai because without that, can we even call it a morning? The first aroma of brewing Chai reminds people of their childhood when they saw grown-ups drinking Chai. For anyone who shares this sentiment with me, I always wondered why these grown-ups were obsessed with Chai. As a child, it is forbidden to drink tea, we instead were compensated with the mighty nutritious milk. But when the time arrived and when I was permitted to finally have Chai, everything made sense. The obsession, the urge to make Chai even when we are running late. Maybe it was the curiosity whirling within me for years or maybe it was the chai itself, I was impressed. That is my Chai memory. 

The same goes with coffee, as a child I was not allowed to consume coffee. But when I was inducted into this world of coffee, I was unimpressed by the bitter and strong taste of coffee. The coffee taste took time to grow on me. But when it did, there was no force enough to separate me from my coffee. I absolutely love coffee and cannot imagine myself without my black coffee. I love the fresh aroma of drip coffee in the morning. I associate this aroma with the quiet morning hours when the birds are chirping. It just motivates me to enjoy the morning even when it means appreciating the fact that I have to head out to attend class or go to work. Even the process of brewing coffee or making espresso in your espresso machine is like meditation. There are so many ways you can make coffee. At least for me, those options are tantamount to understanding that there are numerous options available to you. You can switch between black coffee or coffee with milk or sugar. Just like that, you have the freedom to change things up just to avoid those mundane routines. If you feel the need to do so. 

In my opinion, morning brews are more than just a drink you consume in the morning. It is a feeling, a meditation that awakens your senses and your memories. It is a way to embrace the mornings and feel positive about your day. The purpose of this blog is to hopefully inspire my readers to appreciate their mornings more through their favorite morning brews.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned in my first in-person college semester

HER2 Positive Breast Cancer Treatment

The art of living well: Morning segment