The art of living well: intro

       There are numerous tabloids that tell you how to live well. Wake up at 5 am in the morning, eat fruits and vegetables, meditate, exercise, hydrate, spend less time on the screen, go to bed early in the night, phew! For starters, this may seem impractical. Sure it is, given the busy lives we got. I read many books on the morning routine and cannot help but wonder how these people get time to wake up peacefully, burn a candle, meditate for 30 min, run on a treadmill for 60 min, drink a green smoothie, eat breakfast and plan out their day! What! It will be the afternoon when I finally finish these tasks. Then how is this morning routine even possible? When such routines come across, I just tag them as impractical and impossible for me. Because in reality, I wake up 10 minutes earlier than my lecture start time so I practically run to the class in my pajamas. Well, this is embarrassing but considering every student in an 8 am class can understand this complete fashion disaster, I feel relieved. I keep asking myself what these people do differently to achieve these ideal morning routines.

I will try to sum up the answers I got from asking various people in this blog series named “the art of living well.” Now, this is not that stereotypical blog that will tell you what you already know about healthy living. Instead, it is based on some personal experiences, and observations of people around me. I have divided this blog into three segments: morning routine, evening routine, and guide to romanticizing your routine. I will release these blogs every Friday for the next three weeks. So read on!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned in my first in-person college semester

HER2 Positive Breast Cancer Treatment

The art of living well: Morning segment